The New Voices in Global Health initiative promotes the active participation of young scientists in the World Health Summit.
Selected participants will present their work at the World Health Summit in October in Berlin.
- To strengthen research and support young academics worldwide
- To implement the global impetus of the World Health Summit Network to find and support future leaders in health
- To set tomorrow’s health agenda with the explicit inclusion of tomorrow’s leaders
- Complimentary registration for the World Health Summit
- Participation and presentation at the world’s foremost strategic forum for Global Health
- Partial travel support can be applied for
- High visibility in the World Health Summit Network of the 20k+ international members active in academia, politics, the private sector, and civil society
- Target Audience: Emerging researchers in the fields of health and medicine
- Fees: There is no fee to submit an abstract. Registration fees for attending the World Health Summit will be waived for all selected participants.
- Frequency: Annually
- Form of application: Online only via application form
- Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Jury: WHS Scientific Committee
- Presentation: Poster exhibition during the World Health Summit in Berlin
- Publication: Online
> Step 1: Choose your topic
Issues addressed must be relevant, reflect current challenges and show originality in the overall field of Public and Global Health. Topics linked to the World Health Summit’s main themes in 2018 are of particular interest:
- Pandemic Preparedness
- The Sustainable Development Goals: Health in All Policies
- Access to Essential Medicines
- Strengthening Health Systems
- Antimicrobial Resistance
- The Digital Healthcare Revolution
> Step 2: Application
Apply before June 30, 2018, via online application form. Applications must consist of:
- General abstract information and contact information
- Thematic abstract of up to 500 words, written in English. It should not contain references, figures or tables
- Brief CV
Please refer to science(at)worldhealthsummit.org in case of any further question.
> Step 3: Selection
The WHS Scientific Committee will identify the best applications based on international academic standards.
> Step 4: Design your poster
Chosen candidates will be notified by early August 2018. They will then have to design posters in DIN A0 format (841 mm x 1189 mm) / (33.1 inches x 46.8 inches) based on their abstracts. The World Health Summit will print the posters and cover related costs. Printable PDF files must be sent in by mid-September 2018.
If you have further questions, please mail to: science(at)worldhealthsummit.org