Entrepreneurs in Global Health
The initiative Entrepreneurs in Global Health highlights innovative ideas from all over the world with the potential to revolutionize healthcare and improve global health. Selected startups are invited to the World Health Summit to present their ideas in front of an audience.
2018 Startup Track Winner: Eyeluminati
The glove Manovue, developed by the company Eyeluminati, is the world's first intelligent personal assistant for the visually impaired. It combines vision intelligence and the internet of things and helps users to read any printed text without knowing the braille language. By providing haptic feedback, the glove also helps people with vision impairments to move around freely outside well-known environments.
Out of 60 applications from 19 countries, the jury had invited 25 Startups to visit the World Health Summit 2018. 10 of them pitched their ideas to the jury and the World Health Summit audience on October 15,2018:
- Dr. Kai-Uwe Bindseil, Berlin Partner
- Jutta Klauer, Pfizer Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Tobias Kurth, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Dr. Shari Langemak, Physician and Digital Healthcare Expert
- Dr. Markus Müschenich, Flying Health
- Thimo V. Schmitt-Lord, Bayer Foundations
- Dr. Anna Babette Stier, German Federal Ministry of Health
- Dr. Alf Wachsmann, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine
- Ute E. Weiland, Deutschland – Land der Ideen (Speaker)
- Dr. Rolf Zettl, Berlin Institute of Health