October 25 - 27, Completely Digital
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Summit took place as a fully digital, interactive conference with cost-free availability of the entire program. All 50 keynote sessions, panel discussions and workshops were broadcast live digitally.
The COVID-19 pandemic shows how essential the improvement of global health is and how crucial the strengthening of international and interdisciplinary cooperation remains. A meeting like the World Health Summit, where leading international experts from science, politics, business, and civil society come together, couldn't be more important. The World Health Summit and its academic backbone, the M8 Alliance, are confident that only with collaboration and mutual assistance beyond borders this global health crisis can be tackled.
Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany
President of the French Republic
Ursula von der Leyen
President of the European Commission
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Director-General of the World Health Organization
Principal, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Uganda
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- Pandemic Preparedness in the Age of COVID-19: Global Cooperation not Competition
- Strengthening the Role of the European Union in Global Health
- Climate Change and Health: Risks and Responses
- Partnership for the Goals: United Nations’ 75th Anniversary
- Accelerating the SDG3 Global Action Plan for Health and Well-Being
- Translational Research: Advancing Innovative Treatments
- Digital Health & AI for Pandemic Preparedness
Read selected keynotes:
- M8 Alliance Declaration 2020 107 KB
We would like to thank each and every partner who contributes to the World Health Summit.
- World Health Summit Media Report 2020 Media Attention, Press Releases, Website, Social Media, Media Partners 1 MB
- World Health Summit 2020 Information A look back on the World Health Summit 2019 5 MB
Due to COVID-19, Entrepreneurs in Global Health could not be realized in 2020.
Due to COVID-19, Young Physician Leaders could not be realized in 2020.
Health: A Political Choice – Act Now, Together
At the World Health Summit 2020, the publication "Health: A Political Choice – Act Now, Together" was launched. Coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the UN General Assembly, it calls on world leaders and politicians to unite in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic and other imminent and long-term threats to population health and the global economy. It is the latest in a series of titles produced in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO), the first of which – Health: A Political Choice – called for UHC. It is an official publication of the Global Governance Project produced in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO).
The World Health Summit Regional Meeting 2020 in Kampala, Uganda had to be postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.