Young Physician Leaders
Effective healthcare institutions need effective leaders. Still, many young professionals have to learn their leadership skills almost by trial and error as too few countries are actually providing the necessary training.
The IAP for Health program Young Physician Leaders (YPL) helps building capacity in this area.
It offers a unique learning and networking opportunity for up to 20 outstanding Young Physician Leaders under the age of 40 who:
- are pursuing careers in medical education, clinical leadership, public health, health policy and health services management
- show great promise for leadership in their chosen careers
- are enthusiastic personalities able to represent the medical profession e.g. when interacting with senior professionals
This year’s program is articulated in three parts from October 12-17, 2017:
- Analyzing models of leadership to develop an individual action plan for personal leadership growth
- A visit to health research laboratories in the Berlin area
- Participation in the World Health Summit
In 2017, the WHS will place up to five candidates to participate in this unique network. These candidates will have to cover a small tuition fee
Please direct applications and questions for further information to contact(at)worldhealthsummit.org
Next to these, nominations will be accepted from members of the InterAcademy Partnership and the M8 Alliance.
Deadline for nominations was June 30, 2017.
The Young Physician Leaders initiative aims to convene a group of diverse specialties and origin. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
To date, 131 YPL have been trained. Their details can be found in the dedicated YPL Directory
The IAP for Health initiative Young Physician Leaders is organized in partnership with the World Health Summit and the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies. It is supported by the Tides Foundation, the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin and the Bayer Science & Education Foundation. As of 2016, it also fosters a collaboration with the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT).