Held under the high patronage of:
Federal Minister of Health Germany
The WHS Startup Track highlights outstanding ideas and innovative business concepts that have the potential to revolutionize healthcare and improve global health. Attending the WHS provides young entrepreneurs with three days of access to world leaders in science, industry and politics to set up future collaborations and get to know potential mentors, investors and advisory board members.
Pitch and Award
On October 16 from 12:30-14:00, ten startups will have three minutes each to showcase their business concepts before a WHS audience and jury. The winner will be awarded by German Federal Minister of Health Hermann Gröhe at the WHS Night that evening.
Startups wishing to apply should be active in the field of health. This includes – but is not limited to – areas like public health, digital health, translational science, health policies, education, and advocacy.
- Startups from all over the world are encouraged to apply.
- The application must consist of a two-page information on the startup and may include a description of potential mentor needs that could be served by the WHS network .
- Please use the online form below for application
- Deadline: June 30, 2017.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and promoted online asap.
The selection process will take into account the originality of a concept, its financial viability, evidence of fundraising or partnership ventures, and – most importantly – its potential impact on global public health.
- Kai-Uwe Bindseil, Berlin Partner
- Jutta Klauer, Pfizer Germany
- Shari Langemak, Medscape
- Markus Müschenich, Flying Health
- Anne Kjaer Riechert, ReDI School of Digital Integration
- Renate Radon, Microsoft Germany
- Oliver Schenk, German Ministry of Health
- Ute E. Weiland, Deutschland – Land der Ideen
25 startups will receive two tickets per company to attend the WHS. This will include an invitation to the WHS Night and the award ceremony on October 16.
From among these 25 startups, 10 will be selected to
- have stands at the WHS to present their ideas and business concepts
- pitch on Monday, October 16
- have their company profile and URL published on the WHS website
- participate in the awards ceremony at the WHS Night
The ten finalists will be given extensive recognition in the WHS network and help with mentor needs. The winner will be given special access to the WHS and M8 Alliance network, receive an exclusive expert-coaching on Tuesday, October 17 from FLYING HEALTH, one of the leading company builders for health startups in Germany, and will be invited to the next World Health Summit.
WHS staff will make every effort to connect you with potential scientific and business advisors from our international network, along with members of the M8 Alliance. We will help you open doors in the scientific community and introduce you to experts from industry, politics and civil society.
- High Patron: German Federal Minister of Health Hermann Gröhe
- Application: Online form below
- Deadline: June 30, 2017
- Shortlisted candidates informed: August 2017
- World Health Summit: October 15-17, 2017
- Location: Kosmos, Karl-Marx-Allee 131a, 10243 Berlin, Germany
- WHS Participants: more than 1,600 representatives from academia, politics, industry, and civil society from more than 80 countries
The whole WHS Startup Track 2017 information is available as PDF download
If you have further questions, please mail to: startups(at)worldhealthsummit.org