M8 ALLIANCE SUMMER SCHOOL FOR GLOBAL HEALTH
Organized by the University of Coimbra, the M8 Alliance Summer School brings together talented students and young professionals from different disciplines to work jointly on global health topics. After a brief introduction to basic concepts in global health on the first day, we will zoom in on selected topics, examining them from different perspectives in the morning and applying what we have learned in more practical afternoon sessions.
This 5-day intensive and practical course will provide:
- An interdisciplinary approach to global health issues, including medical, natural sciences, social sciences, and technical angles
- In-depth insights into global challenges related to health and disease
- Critical thinking on cross-cutting topics of global health
- Skills to approach problems and solutions from different perspectives
- Networking with peers from different countries and different disciplines
WHO CAN APPLY
Masters-level students who wish to pursue a PhD in global health, PhD students planning to go on to global health postdoc positions, professionals working in fields related to global health
M8 Alliance Members
There are no tuition fees for particpants from M8 Alliance member institutions. Participants are responsible for their own travel costs. For M8-affiliated particpants, Coimbra Health will organize accommodation at no additional cost.
Participants from institutions outside the M8 Alliance are welcome. Tuition rates* for outside particpants are as follows:
|Students from non-M8 universities||€150|
|Students from Portuguese-speaking African countries||€80|
|Health professionals and executives from Portuguese-speaking African countries||€150|
* Particpants not affiliated with M8 Alliance members will recieve payment instructions after their applications have been processed. Please note that registration is complete only after tuition has been paid, and that particpants outside the M8 Alliance are responsible for their own housing costs.