"A Defining Year for Global Health Action"
October 15 - 17, JW Marriott Hotel, Berlin, Germany & Digital
The World Health Summit 2023 brought together stakeholders from politics, science, the private sector, and civil society from around the world to set the agenda for a healthier future by inspiring innovative solutions for better health and well-being for all. It was held under the theme "A Defining Year for Global Health Action" from October 15-17 in Berlin, Germany and online.
Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany
Credit: Federal Government/Thomas Köhler
President of the French Republic
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Director-General of the World Health Organization
Senior Associate Dean for Research and Professor of Global Health, The George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, USA
World Health Summit
International President 2023
Axel R. Pries
World Health Summit President
- Learning from COVID-19 for Future Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response
- Recommitting to Universal Health Coverage
- Sustainable Health for People and Planet
- G7/G20 Measures to Enhance Global Health Equity and Security
- Harnessing the Power of Digital Technologies for Global Health
- World Health Organization’s 75th Anniversary
- Innovations to Accelerate the Fight Against Tuberculosis
- Global Financing Facility (GFF) Pledging Event
- M8 Alliance Declaration Berlin 2023The M8 Alliance and the World Health Summit call for fair and strong multilateralism to improve universal health coverage and thus resilience to climate change.119 KB
- Statement on Green HealthJoint statement by World Health Summit and World Health Organization (WHO) supporting commitment to build climate resilient, low carbon sustainable health systems.147 KB
We would like to thank every partner who contributes to the World Health Summit.
- World Health Summit Media Report 2023Media Attention, Press Releases, Website, Social Media, Media Partners29 MB
Global Financing Facility (GFF) Pledging Event
The Global Financing Facility's pledging event was held to secure funding to improve health and rights for 250 million women, children and youth. Governments and philanthropies committed USD 445 million funding towards that goal.
Launch of the Equity 2030 Alliance
The Equity 2030 Alliance was launched hosted by United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), The Government of Ghana, and The Government of Norway. To normalize gender equity, the Alliance accelerates transformative norms and principles and introduces data-driven arguments and strategies for closing the gaps in women-focused and gender-inclusive health solutions in science, technology, and financing by 2030.
Launch of the Community Health Delivery Partnership
UNICEF launched the Community Health Delivery Partnership (CHDP) to accelerate the implementation of national priorities for primary health care at the community level.
Health: A Political Choice - From Fragmentation to Integration
The publication "Health: A Political Choice - From Fragmentation to Integration" of the Global Governance Project was launched. It features high-level contributions from World Health Summit speakers and global health leaders focusing on pressing global health topics.
Hosts: George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH), Association of Academic Health Centers International (AAHCI)
Date: April 13, 2023
Location: Washington DC, USA & Digital