"Next Generation of Science Journalists" Award
-- The application process will start in Spring 2018 --
Format: Journalist Award
Target Audience: Young Professionals
Submission Deadline: July 16, 2018
Prize Money: 500 Euro
To support the recognition of emerging young medical science journalists and their contribution towards public understanding of science, we present the “Next Generation of Science Journalists” Award.
Five outstanding young candidates will be invited to participate in the World Health Summit (October 14-16, 2018), meet the world’s leading minds in the healthcare sector and increase their professional network. 2,000 participants from all health-related areas will be present at the Summit – from Nobel Prize laureates and Ministers to CEOs, internationally leading researchers and future leaders.
We are therefore offering:
- a unique international networking and learning opportunity, for a genuine career head-start
- prize money of 500 Euro to recompense travel expenses
- recognition on the World Health Summit website, plugs in social media, a mention in the newsletter
- support on interview requests and investigations concerning our topics and speakers
- a certificate, presented by the World Health Summit Presidents
|Sabitri Dhakal||Early leprosy diagnosis prevents deformity||The Himalayan Times|
|Elizabeth Merab||The agony of living with a failed organ||The East African|
|Shayla Love||My grandparents survived the Cultural Revolution - have I inherited their trauma||Mosaic|
|Keren Landman||Making primary care trans-friendly||The Atlantic|
|Jakob Simmank||The germ of misery / Der Keim des Elends||Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung|
Terms of Application
- Submission of one article with a focus on the general topic of “Health”, which must have been published after January 1, 2017. The article must be informed by an appropriate scientific background.
- The article may be published in any form: print, digital, audible or visual. Audio and video content should be submitted via a corresponding web-link.
- Submissions will be accepted from all countries; however the content should be in English. Translations will be accepted if the original article is attached.
- Applicants should be at the beginning of their journalistic career with a maximum of 5 years of experience.
- A short CV (one page), and a copy of a current passport must accompany the submission.
- Contact: science-journalist-award(at)worldhealthsummit.org
All applications send in before Sunday, July 17, 2018, will be considered by an expert panel representing the institutions granting the award. Winning candidates will be informed by mid August. Please note that winners will be responsible for organizing their own transport and accommodation.