World Health Summit Newsletter No. 1
Berlin, March 2012
World Health Summit 2012
World Health Summit, Berlin, Germany, October 21st-24th, 2012
Research for Health and Sustainable Development
The Summit Presidents Michael J. Klag and Detlev Ganten are inviting you to participate in the World Health Summit 2012 in Berlin.
Under the theme “Research for Health and Sustainable Development” the Summit will focus on issues related to Health Education, Translating Evidence into Policy, Financing and Governance of Health as well as Diseases of Modern Environments. Become part of this multi-sectoral stakeholder forum and international networking platform in order to discuss these aspects with more than 1400 international participants from all fields involved in health!
Dean, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health,
World Health Summit
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Selection of Topics 2012
Diseases of Modern Environments
• The Epidemic of Chronic Diseases
• The Future of Maternal and Reproductive Health
• Urban Development and Mental Health
Translating Research into Policy
• Integrating Research into Health Policies and Health Systems
• Minimizing Waste of Research
• Translating Genomic Research into Global Health Gains
• Economic Crisis and Health Impact
• Sustainable Health Systems Financing and Universal Coverage
Educating Health Professionals
• Brain Drain in Medical Professions
• Educating Health Professionals for the 21st Century
<link internal-link internal link in current>Read more
Nobel Price Laureates confirm their participation
Partnerships with WHO Europe
New Voices in Global Health
Call for Abstracts
The M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centres, Medical Academies and Universities is pleased to invite submissions of abstracts for presentation at its upcoming 4th World Health Summit. Read more
Start: April 2012
Please sign up here for our newsletter to get the latest updates!
The 1st Announcement is now available on the Summit website for Download.