The 4th M8 Alliance Expert Meeting on Migrant and Refugee Health, scheduled at Sapienza University of Rome for June 5, 2020 has to be postponed to June 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
June 15-16, 2018, Sapienza University of Rome
The meeting continued the discussion of a previous Expert Meeting 2017.
Speakers and Chairs
- Luciano Saso, Vice-Rector for European University Networks, Sapienza University (Overall chair)
- Santino Severoni, WHO Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Alexander Krämer, Bielefeld University, Germany
- Joachim Seybold, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- Anneliese Depoux, Institute of Global Health, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Duarte Nuno Vieira, European Council of Legal Medicine and University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Gillian Bentley, Durham University, UK.
- Emanuele Mugnani, Compugroup Medical SE, Germany
- Carlo Della Rocca, Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome
- Paolo Villari, Director of the Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Maurizio Marceca, Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy
- Giuseppe La Torre, Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Corrado De Vito, Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
June 29-30, 2018, Istanbul
- Professor Dr. Chang-Chuan Chan, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Professor Dr. Ali Jafarian, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Professor Dr. Mustafa Oral Öncül, Istanbul University, Turkey
- PD Dr. Joachim Seybold, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- Professor Dr. Malcolm Sim, Monash University, Australia
April 10-12, 2018, Centre International de Conférences de Genève
The workshop will be held during the Geneva Health Forum with M8 experts from Tehran University of Medical Sciences (Iran), Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (USA), Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Germany), the University of Geneva, and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Further information on program, speakers and registration will follow soon.
March 8, 2018, University of São Paulo Medical School
The symposium follows a recently adopted model in which representatives of leading institutions from Germany, Portugal and the United States were brought in to discuss the theme "Academic health centers: challenges to integrate education, research and assistance".
The symposium will bring regional, national and international of health innovation in touch to foster strategic planning and direct investments.
Participants will be briefed on the academic systems of the University of São Paulo Medical School and its Health Care complex, Hospital das Clínicas, as well as on the topics that will be elaborated.