Get scientific insights on the coronavirus by World Health Summit's academic network, the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies.
This platform aims to share scientific insights on the corona (COVID-19) pandemic by the individual M8 members: National experience with the virus which can help other countries, research which might be important for other scientists, or data on the virus.
The M8 Alliance is confident that clear, accurate communication is crucial for a worldwide strategy in managing this pandemic. Only with cooperation and mutual assistance beyond borders this global health crisis can be tackled - we are all together in this.
Please feel free to share the information distributed by this unique international academic network.
- M8 Alliance Statement in support of the World Health Organization April 2020 91 KB
- FAQs on SARS COV 2
- Institute of Virology Homepage
- December 1, 2020 | Comparison of potency assays to assess SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody capacity in COVID-19 convalescent plasma
- November 30, 2020 | Olfactory transmucosal SARS-CoV-2 invasion as a port of central nervous system entry in individuals with COVID-19
- COVID-19 Overview Page
- COVID-19 Publications
- January 4, 2021 | Early perceptions and behavioural responses during the COVID-19 pandemic: a cross-sectional survey of UK adults
- December 3, 2020 | State-level tracking of COVID-19 in the United States
- August 12, 2020 | Key questions for modelling COVID-19 exit strategies
- Academy Response to COVID-19
- CALL FOR GLOBAL SOLIDARITY ON COVID-19 PANDEMIC from the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP)
- November 2020 | Achieving the Public Health Potential of COVID-19 Vaccines
- September 24, 2020 | "COVID-19! How can I protect myself and others" teaches students in Mexico how to stay safe
- September 17, 2020 | Lancet COVID-19 Commission Statement on the occasion of the 75th session of the UN General Assembly
- The COVID-19 Chronicles
- The latest in the fight against COVID-19
- Registration for monthly webinar "COVID-19: Updates from Singapore" (Thursday, starting from 26 November 2020 at 7pm SGT/1pm CET)
- February 21, 2021 | Demographic shift in COVID-19 patients in Singapore from anaged, at-risk population to young migrant workers with reducedrisk of severe disease
Information on COVID-19 concerning the M8 Alliance Focus Topic Migrant and Refugee Health
- MedGuide Corona - COVID-19 refugee and migration health
- Info Document on MedGuide Corona
- January 2, 2021 | Lessons learned from COVID-19 pandemic in Italy – A commentary
- October 20, 2020 | Naringenin is a powerful inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 infection in vitro
- COVID-19 Research Projects
- COVID-19 Webinars
- December 24, 2020 | Intravenous methylprednisolone pulse as a treatment for hospitalised severe COVID-19 patients: results from a randomised controlled clinical trial
- October 04, 2020 | COVID-19 and multiorgan failure: A narrative review on potential mechanisms