Get scientific insights on the coronavirus by World Health Summit's academic network, the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies.
This platform aims to share scientific insights on the corona (COVID-19) pandemic by the individual M8 members: National experience with the virus which can help other countries, research which might be important for other scientists, or data on the virus.
The M8 Alliance is confident that clear, accurate communication is crucial for a worldwide strategy in managing this pandemic. Only with cooperation and mutual assistance beyond borders this global health crisis can be tackled - we are all together in this.
Please feel free to share the information distributed by this unique international academic network.
- M8 Alliance Statement in support of the World Health Organization April 2020 91 KB
- COVID-19 Overview Page
- COVID-19 Publications
- April 12, 2021 | Genetic evidence for the association between COVID-19 epidemic severity and timing of non-pharmaceutical interventions
- April 9, 2021 | Modelling intensive care unit capacity under different epidemiological scenarios of the COVID-19 pandemic in three Western European countries
- January 4, 2021 | Early perceptions and behavioural responses during the COVID-19 pandemic: a cross-sectional survey of UK adults
- December 3, 2020 | State-level tracking of COVID-19 in the United States
- Academy Response to COVID-19
- CALL FOR GLOBAL SOLIDARITY ON COVID-19 PANDEMIC from the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP)
- May 19, 2021 | The Science of Immunisation
- May 10, 2021 | How to Strengthen COVID-19 Research
- May 4, 2021 | A Million-Dose Success for Nepal: Insights from Nepal's National Vaccince Deployment Plan against COVID-19
- Research in action - COVID-19
- February 24, 2021 | Online mis/disinformation and vaccine hesitancy in the era of COVID-19: Why we need an eHealth literacy revolution
- February 6, 2021 | Assessing the performance of a serological point-of-care test in measuring detectable antibodies against SARS-CoV-2
- December 8, 2020 | Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK
- January 11, 2021 | Humanized COVID-19 decoy antibody effectively blocks viral entry and prevents SARS-CoV-2 infection
- January 6, 2021 | 222 days without COVID in Taiwan: what are the reasons for this success?
- January 1, 2021 | Management of acute coronary syndrome in patients with suspected or confirmed coronavirus disease 2019: Consensus from Taiwan Society of Cardiology
- The COVID-19 Chronicles
- The latest in the fight against COVID-19
- May 27, 2021 | Estimating direct and spill-over impacts of political elections on COVID-19 transmission using synthetic control methods
- March 31, 2021 | Micronutrients Deficiency, Supplementation and Novel Coronavirus Infections—A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- March 11, 2021 | How the lessons of previous epidemics helped successful countries fight covid-19
- February 21, 2021 | Demographic shift in COVID-19 patients in Singapore from anaged, at-risk population to young migrant workers with reducedrisk of severe disease
Information on COVID-19 concerning the M8 Alliance Focus Topic Migrant and Refugee Health
- MedGuide Corona - COVID-19 refugee and migration health
- Info Document on MedGuide Corona
- April 2021 | Acceptance of COVID-19 vaccine among persons experiencing homelessness in the City of Rome, Italy
- April 2021 | ACE2 expression is related to the interferon response in airway epithelial cells but is that functional for SARS-CoV-2 entry?
- January 2, 2021 | Lessons learned from COVID-19 pandemic in Italy – A commentary
- COVID-19 Research Projects
- COVID-19 Webinars
- July 15, 2021 | Altered immunoemotional regulatory system in COVID-19: From the origins to opportunities
- December 24, 2020 | Intravenous methylprednisolone pulse as a treatment for hospitalised severe COVID-19 patients: results from a randomised controlled clinical trial