WHS Science & Industry Circle
The World Health Summit (WHS) emphasizes the necessity of a close cooperation between academia, politics, civil society, the private sector and the industry to improve global health. Open and transparent cooperation between these partners is the key to sustainable development and success.
Life Sciences and Health Economy are essential for enhancing and strengthening health systems by accelerating the result-oriented translation from basic research to bedside to populations.
To foster this cooperation, the WHS Science & Industry Circle was jointly launched in June 2015 by the World Health Summit, the German Healthcare Partnership and the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. It aims to:
- intensify the dialogue between science and economy on an international level
- activate and establish national and international networks
- improve structures and processes through translational and applied sciences that lead to market-ready products.
The WHS Science & Industry Circle will benefit from the global networks of the World Health Summit and its scientific foundation M8 Alliance, the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and the German Healthcare Partnership. It will establish a highly visible platform for presenting newest research results and best-practice approaches in the fields of Public-Private-Partnerships and Translational Medicine.
Initially, the WHS Science & Industry Circle focuses on four major topics and formed respective working groups at its launching workshop on Sun, October 11, 2015:
- Translation: Science – Technology – Products
- High-Tech, Low-Complexity: Cost-Effective Medical Technologies & Diagnostics
- Digital Health
- Systemic Strategies for Sustainable Strengthening of Health Systems
The WHS Science & Industry Circle is open to stakeholders from the international health sector, as well as science, research and technology transfer organizations.
In case you personally, or your organization is interested in joining the WHS Science & Industry Circle, please do not hesitate to contact us.
WHS Foundation GmbH
c/o Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
10117 Berlin, Germany