INVITATION TO THE WORLD HEALTH SUMMIT 2010
Please save the date: October 10-13, 2010
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte
If you are not registered yet, please click here.
World Health Summit Book of Proceedings
We are pleased to present to you the World Health Summit Book of Proceedings. This book summarizes the results and recommendations that have been developed within the focus topics of the past 12 months. Written up as a lively document each chapter gives a comprehensive introduction into a topic, lists the major challenges summarizes the essentials of the discussion and sums up key messages and recommendations.
The Book of Proceedings can be downloaded here.
Dear Friends, dear Colleagus
It is Our Great Pleasure to Invite You to the World Health Summit 2010
The 2nd World Health Summit is organized by the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin in cooperation with the M8 Alliance of Medical Universities and Academic Medical Centers under the patronage of President Nicolas Sarkozy and Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel.
The World Health Summit will bring together leading representatives from academia, health care, health-related industries, governments, NGOs, think tanks, funding agencies and media to develop convincing and timely responses to the most pressing challenges facing medicine and health care in the coming years. The results and recommendations
of the World Health Summit will provide political, economic, and health care decision-makers with advice and guidance for the future.
We hope that you will take this opportunity to get involved in the World Health Summit.
As a delegate, you will be an active participant making valued contributions to discus-
sions, working sessions and recommendations.
Topics of the World Health Summit 2010 (Selection)
- Megacities: Opportunities and Challenges for Health
- Responding to the Increasing Complexity in Medical Research: Structural and Organizational Requirements
- The Efficiency Challenge: Improving Quality and Productivity in Healthcare
- Global Health: Multiple Players, Multiple Visions - Challenges and Opportunities
Among the speakers of the World Health Summit 2010 are:
- Francis Collins (Director, US National Institutes of Health)
- Francoise Barré-Sinoussi (Nobel Laureate 2008)
- Bernard Kouchner (Minister of Foreign Affairs, Frankreich)
- Christopher A. Viehbacher (CEO, sanofi-aventis)
- Ada E. Yonath (Nobel Laureate 2009)
- Luc Montagnier (Nobel Laureate 2008)
- Philipp Rösler (Minister of Health, Germany)
- Joe Jimenez (CEO, Novartis)
- Sir Michael Rawlins (Chairman, NICE, UK)
- Gilbert Bukenya (Vice-President, Uganda)
Further details on the program can be found on the World Health Summit website at www.worldhealthsummit.org.
Conference Venue is the Langenbeck-Virchow-Haus, Luisenstraße 58/59,
10117 Berlin, Germany.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Berlin in October.
With best regards,
Prof. Dr. Karl Max Einhäupl
Chief Executive Office
Prof. Dr. Detlev Ganten
Prof. Dr. Stephen K. Smith
Imperial College, London
Prof. Dr. Detlev Ganten,
Prof. Stephen K. Smith,
Imperial College, London
Prof. Dr. Karl Max Einhäupl,
CEO Charité - Universitätsmedizin
Prof. Dr. Steve Wesselingh,
Summit President 2011
Monash University Melbourne
Prof. Dr. Axel Kahn,
Summit President 2009
Université Descartes Paris
World Health Summit Secretariat
c/o K.I.T. Group GmbH
10709 Berlin, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)30 24603-240
Fax: +49 (0)30 246 03-200