VISION AND GOALS
The World Health Summit is the annual conference of the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies. Through the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) for Health, it is organized in collaboration with all National Academies of Medicine and Science.
The World Health Summit aims to improve health all over the planet, catalyzing that process through collaboration and open dialogue, and steering tomorrow’s agenda to improve research, education, healthcare, and policy outcomes.
It brings together researchers, physicians, key government officials, and representatives from industry as well as from NGOs and healthcare systems all over the world to address the most pressing issues facing every facet of healthcare and medicine in the upcoming decade and beyond.
The World Health Summit is built on the stable foundation of academic excellence provided by the M8 Alliance and has strong political support from a variety of partners at global, national and state levels.
Main Goals and Partnership Assets
- Bring together all stakeholders at the level of equals
- Establish a unique and sustainable high-level forum and network
- Help define the future of medicine, research and healthcare
- Find answers to major health challenges – both today and tomorrow
- Make global recommendations and set health agendas worldwide